Can you tolerate a fake software which acting widely against the system and swindling your money? I do believe the answer is not. However to delete a fake software is not so easy for ordinary users. Here is many instructions for you whose system has been infected to eliminate a fake software such as Ykcol ransomware.
Details about Ykcol ransomware rogue program
Ykcol ransomware is considered as fake software as well as virus. It enters victim computers without any permission. When it gets into computer, it installed its dangerous code and creates related under system start up folder so that it can automatically start when system boots. Ykcol ransomware pretends to give system scan for malware, error and virus. It making up similar to legitimate antispyware, people will not suppose it to be suspicious even if it installs itself without notification, and people may trust in its fake scan result illustrating which certain system has been detected some threats. But, the bogus scan purposes of scaring innocent people and tricking them to activate its alleged ultimate protection that needs to purchase some money. Nevertheless, it has no capability to get rid of the real threats because the rogue is designed by cyber criminals who scams money by non-existing money. Having been turned out useless, Ykcol ransomware starts to involve with the regular computer.
When it does that, Ykcol ransomware will send you the scanning report on the Web page. It will try its best to persuade you that the system is in very terrible situation for much virus infection. What the information shows you just wants to make you be convinced so that you may buy the fake program. At the end of the report, Ykcol ransomware will scare you that you can’t delete that so much virus if you don’t use it. But when you really want to use the program to do that, you will be warned that it is not a full version, you have to pay some money to purchase the full version before you can use it. What is worth to mention is that so called virus it finds out even does not exist in the system. It just wants to swindle money from you. And be careful, when it pushes the scanning report web page to you, it will start to download something automatically without your permission.
Computers mounted Ykcol ransomware
Such system optimizer manages to paralyze installed security utilities by bringing legit components along and falsifying key values referencing security defense and some service on the target machine. Ykcol ransomware is also capable of making excessive amount of income for its maker by opening up a backdoor and loading down tracking cookies in for information theft to resell it to other spammers. A list of evil behavior of Ykcol ransomware:
* Redirecting issues happen all the time to advertising sites;
* Freezes happen frequently when loading some programs;
* Snail-like PC performance, delay when typing and slow loading times to start or shut down;
* Fills up the hard disk space with unwanted malicious items and consumes a lot of CPU memory.
The manual methods of eliminating Ykcol ransomware is quite dangerous and complex. If you are careless in your uninstalling process, you may make a mistake of removing some important process. So removing it manually is a risky job. The wise choice is to choose the SpyHunter. Anti-Malware program SpyHunter is very convenient, effective and easy-operating. It can detect and remove the malicious virus thoroughly. At the same time, it can prevent the machine from attacking in the future.
Steps to Manually Remove Ykcol ransomware
1. Boot up the infected computer, press F8 at the very beginning, choose “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter to get in safe mode with networking.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time or right click on the Task Bar to open the Windows Task Manager; then scroll down to End processes related to [Ykcol ransomware].exe;
3.Access Control Panel to uninstall Ykcol ransomware
- Hit Start menu to click Control Panel.
- Access “Add/Remove Programs” to locate Ykcol ransomware.
- Use “uninstall” button to remove the rogueware’s evidence there.
4. Open Control Panel from Start menu; then find Folder Options and under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) then click OK;
4. Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window and then type in regedit to open Registry Editor.
5: Find out and delete all these associating files and registry entries as below:
Go to %userprofile%appdatalocaltemp
The virus can have names other than “random.exe” but it should look like it doesn’t belong and should have a create date/time the same as a .class file if you sort by file mod/create time you’ll find it.
Remove Ykcol ransomware Leftovers with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is an adaptive spyware detection and removal tool that provides rigorous protection against the latest spyware threats including malware, trojans, rootkits and malicious software. Below shows how it works:
1. Click the below button to free download SpyHunter.
2. Run its .exe file to install the program and finish the installation step by step.
3. Open SpyHunter, then click on Scan Computer Now! to run a free scan on your computer.
4. When the scan is done, all the threats in your PC are successfully detected. Tick Select All, and then click onRemove to make your computer clean.